Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tired legs

Did 8 miles today by way of 8 x 1000m (2' easy in between) at Z4 or 7:05 pace. No problem completing the intervals but my left leg feels jacked up from the hip down to the outside of my knee. I was just thinking the other day that I'm running pain free and my body has adapted to the speed work pretty well. Except when I don't stretch. Need to spend more time after the run and on off days stretching as my legs can tell a big difference when I do.

I'm flying out to Baltimore tomorrow which means an early morning and 2 x 15' at FTP on the trainer before I head out to Charlotte to catch my flight. Hopefully my legs show up as my PMC tells me that I'll have a TSB of -20 tomorrow so I'm not expecting too much.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hey Scott, the comment about your leg being jacked from the hip to the knee has me concerned that your run biomechanics are degrading and you are on the edge of ITBS. I strongly advise you to start doing some strength work to restore your biomechanics before things get ugly. Here are the exercises that work: http://swimshady.blogspot.com/2008/12/how-to-recover-from-itbs.html