Friday, March 20, 2009

On to her great reward!



Our family pet of more than 16 years was put down on Friday after a courageous fight with kidney failure. She fought a good fight and other than weight loss and being picky about food, you would never have known anything was wrong with her. I was never a cat person until a co-worker gave Sally to me as a kitten. She changed my perception of cats and when my wife and girls are ready for another pet, I'm sure it will be a cat.

My workout this morning was just not the same as my training partner, Sally was missing. Sally would position herself on the rug next to my bike/trainer and would stay there until I finished my workout. I think she enjoyed the vibration and the white noise helped her dose off in one of her many cat naps. When I started the VO2 intervals a few weeks ago, I was struggling to make it through the last 3 minute interval and I swear I saw her mouth move and then in her best Jens Voigt impersonation, she said : Your body is talking to you and saying I can't do it anymore! I can't do it anymore! Listen to your mind which is telling your body to shut up, and do what I tell you!" She was living proof of this as her body was shutting down, yet she would crawl up on your lap and purr.

Thanks for the memories!! You'll surely be missed.

In tribute to Sally, I cranked out 2 x 12' at 276W and 278W and a 1 x 15' at 246W.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my cat a while ago too and sympathize with missing her during training times.