Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trying to find my legs

Wednesday called for a 45' run with 4 x 30" strides and a MS of 4 x 1 mile at TP or 7:05. I swam for 45 minutes in the morning and put off the run until early evening due to rain and motivation. instead of running on wet pavement and carrying a light, I headed back to YMCA to use the dreadmill. I did a quick warm-up and started the first mile interval. I bagged it at 0.60. My PE was very high and so was my heart rate. Maybe it was the new environment or the coed in spandex on the elliptical in front of me. I walked for 3 minutes and started the second mile. I bagged this one at 0.70. Bagging the miles becomes easier the more you do it. Walked for another 3 minutes and started mile 3. I stopped it at 0.75. I just couldn't concentrate so I decided to bag mile 4 before I even started it and switched to 200m and 400m intervals. I had no problem completing 3x200m and 3x400m at 6:49 and finally stopped the workout at 42 minutes. I uploaded my data and realized that my ATL and CTL are at all time highs and my TSB is hovering around -24 w. No wonder I was suffering.

No comments: