Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Threshold work

I set the trainer up on the back porch this morning and banged out 3 @ 12 minutes on 5 minutes off at 292W, 291W, and 285W. I changed my pacing on the third interval and just couldn't get the wattage up to the 290W target.

I changed my handle bars (moved to Deda Newton shallow drop) and saddle (Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow) on my training bike in order to match the configuration on my race day bike. The saddle is amazingly comfortable but one negative is the limited fore/aft adjustment due to the carbon rails. I probably need to switch to a zero setback seat post and this should get me closer to my normal riding position.

I've started noticing some play in my right Ergo shifter and this is causing me issues when moving up the cassette. The additional play in the paddle is acting more like a trim device than a shifter. Looks as though I'm due for an overhaul on the shifter as it is over 2 years old and 15K+ miles.

No comments: