Thursday, March 20, 2008

Outside Trainer Rides From Here On Out

Yesterday was a tough day. The plan called for 3 sets of 4 @ 3 on 1 off with 4 minutes rest between sets. I attempted these late in the day which was a mistake and my plan was to do these inside on my trainer. I turned the A/C on low and added a second fan but even with these additions/changes, I barely made it through the first set. The temperature was so high in my office that I bagged the trainer and headed outdoors. Even though the temp outside was 78F, it was significantly cooler and I was able to finish the remaining sets.

Today, I set the trainer up on my back covered porch and turned on the ceiling fans as well as my Vornado fan. The outside temp was ideal - 50F and what a difference it made. I was able to complete the workout - 2 sets of 10 @ 1 on 30 secs off without any heat related problems. From here on out, I plan to do my trainer workouts in the morning and on the back porch.

No comments: