Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Getting ready for the weekend

The Omnium results finally came out for the Rock Hill races and I ended up winning the Omnium with my 4th place in the crit and 2nd place finish in the road race. Hopefully I can match or better these results this weekend at the ION crit and SC State Criterium Championships in Charleston.

My training was slightly interrupted this past week with a business trip to CT and performing 1 minute intervals on a hotel exercise bike is not my idea of fun. I bagged the 15 sec intervals the next day and my coach readjusted my schedule to maximize my training load before this weekend.

I'll be racing with the Masters on Saturday and my category for the championship and hope to come away with some dinner money (family making the trip with me) as well as some hardware on Sunday. My racing schedule will slow down after this weekend with a circuit race and road race May 10th and 11th as part of the Series 7 of the Georgia Cup and will probably fit in 4 more races between May and the SC State Road Race Championships at the end of August.

No comments: