Friday, September 11, 2009

Swim race rehearsal

Plan called for 2100yds continuous at race pace. Ended up with a time of 35:52 or a T-Pace of 1:42/y. I'm pretty pleased with this result as I did this workout wearing my ultra hydrodynamic (right) suit from LL Bean, a pull buoy and no flip turns. I'll be wearing a full wet suit for the race and from what I've been reading, the river has a current so my time should be significantly better.

40' run later today and then a full race rehearsal on the bike and run tomorrow. 56 mile bike ride followed by a 6 mile run with the first 3 miles @ 8:10 and the second 3 at 7:40. My MP pace is actually 7:32 but I'm being a little conservative with this being my first HIM. Pacing for the race will be 3/7/3 with the first 3 at 8:10/mile, next 7 miles @ 7:40, and the final 3.1 miles @ whatever I have left - shooting for 7:14 or lower.

No comments: