Monday, September 21, 2009

De Soto First Wave

Tried out my De Soto First Wave wetsuit this morning and all I can say is WOW!! Pushing off the wall and gliding in the water was quite an experience. I have nothing to compare it to as this is my first time wearing a wetsuit but i was quite impressed. I chose this suit because of the 2-piece design so I could dial in the fit, better shoulder movement, and easy removal. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make my legs sink and the body roll was amazing. I didn't time it but I banged out a 300 with very little effort.

Can't wait until Sunday!!

2 comments:

Nick said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the suit. Sure, I like the touch of extra speed. But they benefit poor swimmers more than good swimmers which is unfortunate. I really wish Augusta was NO WETSUIT!!!!

Scott said...

So I guess you'll be racing in a speedo, wearing a normal helmet, and riding 25mm rims on a steel bike frame?

Of course, aerodynamic equipment benefits the slower person but if you are strong swimmer with a wetsuit, you'll beat a not so strong swimmer in a wetsuit everytime. Unless the NSS swimmer's body position improves dramatically and bridges the gap with the strong swimmer.

The wetsuit will also taste bad to the gators in the river so it should keep you safer! ;-)