Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pain update

I think I've figured out my left leg pain and it as something to do with my sciatic nerve. I'm stretching like it's my job, using the foam roller, and sitting on tennis and golf balls to help loosen up and ease the pain. It appears to be working as I'm able to make it through some longer runs and some speed work without my left side flaring up.

I've also purchased some new shoes as the pair I purchased 2 months ago was a little too small as I bruised one of my toes on my long run 2 weeks ago and it appears I'm losing the nail. In addition, I seem to be mid-foot striking on my left foot and have totally compressed the foam on the outside of the shoe. I've moved away from the Mizuno wave riders and decided to try the Nike Vomero and Asics Landreth. The Landreth will serve as my mid distance shoe and the Vomero will serve as my long distance shoe. The cushioning of the Vomero is amazing and the tread pattern should help out with the mid foot strike. So far so good.

No comments: