Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I'm back!!

My mojo has returned and just in time for a 14 hour week. Looking back, I think my family may have been passing around a virus that sapped my motivation, strength, will, etc.

My Wednesday bike workout has changed from FTP intervals to V02 max which I've been looking forward to for quite some time. I love to suffer for 1 to 5 minutes and prefer it to suffering at an effort 20 to 25% lower for 6 to 20 minutes. V02 work has always given me a boost to my training, especially when I feel as though I'm detraining or reached a plateau.

Ended up doing an hour ride this morning with 4 x 3' on 3' off @ 320W and then finished up with a 30' minute run with 10' @ 8:48, 10' @ 7:32, and then 10' @ 7:55.

Took my tri bike in and am having the crankset replaced with a compact - 50/36 as I really love the compact on my road bike and this will make running an 11-23 on the rear a little easier on those 5 to 8% grades that are sprinkled thoughout my training routes.

No comments: