Monday, April 6, 2009

Rising FTP

My 12' to 20' FTP efforts have been getting easier so I keep increasing my FTP in small increments. All of the VO2 work has allowed me to turn up the watts by 15 to 25 in the last 3' to 5' of the interval. Did a hill interval on Saturday while visiting family in the North GA mountains with an average grade of 6.5% that took me 20' to cover 3.7 miles with a Pavg of 300W. I'm thinking my FTP is at or above 280W which would put me at or above 4W/Kg.

Still undecided about the May 3rd sprint at Lake Murray just because it is my youngest daughter's birthday and I'm not sure what she has planned for the weekend.

More 2 x 20's, 3 x 10', and 3 x 2.5' intervals this week on the bike along with some MP, HMP, and TP run workouts. As far as the swimming goes, I'm trying to put in 3 workouts a week but due to my travel schedule, I've been hitting 1 or 2 at best.

No comments: